I have a large computer-generated document in which page breaks aren't appearing where I want them, despite liberal use of \pagebreak and nopagebreak. It's a real headache as even if I cut out two or three pages worth of material, it's going to be too long for a reasonable MWE. Does anyone have any clever ideas about how I might be able to condense material enough to construct a sensible question?

Edit: I finally figured out something that wasn't too bad... I'd still be interested in solutions to this, though..

share
3  
you might try reducing the page length to accommodate only ten lines or fewer. that would still make for a largish example, but perhaps manageable. –  barbara beeton Dec 13 '12 at 18:43
4  
Fill the irrelevant parts via blindtext,lipsum, or kantlipsum packages and only include the problematic part near the pagebreak. –  percusse Dec 13 '12 at 22:47
2  
The main problem is that the 'irrelevant' parts are complex diagrams generated by a bucketload of LaTeX code. If I replace with blindtext, etc., all the page breaks shift. –  Mohan Dec 14 '12 at 10:30
7  
Measure them and put in \rules. –  Loop Space Dec 14 '12 at 11:00
    
That sounds very promising. I'll go away and read up about measuring things. –  Mohan Dec 16 '12 at 22:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .