I am a PhD student in the School of Medicine at Nottingham University, researching the impact of diet in early life on brown adipose tissue growth and development. This (hopefully) represents the start of a late career change from accountancy. I came across TeX and LaTeX while participating in a maths forum at the Open University, and subsequently attended an introductory course given by Joseph Wright in London at the end of August 2011. My plan is to write my PhD thesis in LaTeX, though this seems to be a rarity in the biomedical sciences. My supervisors have given me strict instructions to write it in MS Word, so it's going to get interesting...
Top network posts
- 8How do I increase the spacing between header text and the 'headrule' line with fancyhdr?
- 7How do I encode foreign characters so that they are searchable in the resultant PDF file?
- 7Problem using \noopsort to sort on 'year' using natbib
- 6Where should I put a latexmkrc file (using TeXLive 2011 and Windows 7) so that it is available to all my document files?
- 5Biblatex: replacement of title by a custom entry type under specified conditions
- View more network posts →