I am professor of mathematics, philosophy and computer science at the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center & College of Staten Island).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
Find out more on my blog: mathematics and philosophy of the infinite
Top Network Posts
- 202What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 172Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 153What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 145Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 116Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 100Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- 100Reductio ad absurdum or the contrapositive?
- View more network posts →