I'm a graduate student. I study the sun by running high-performance simulations and analysing the results. I have been programming for many years. I may not be in a position to be able to answer a lot at this time, but I can still contribute by voting up/down and/or modifying others' answers! :-)
Areas of interest are listed below, in descending order of familiarity.
OPERATING SYSTEMS PROFICIENCY:
- Mac OS X
- Linux (generic)
- Windows XP and later (limited)
- Fortran (90 and later)
- MATLAB (plotting, ffts, basic syntax)
- BASH scripting
- C/C++, Java
- (Select others....)
EXPERIENCE BY TOPIC:
- Fourier Transforms (FFTW, FFTPACK5.1, MATLAB), though less so when it comes to signal analysis applications
- Finite difference methods (ordinary and combined-compact)
- Spectral transform and psuedospectral methods for solving equations
- General numerical analysis
- Solar physics
- OpenGL (very limited)
Top network posts
- 15How to move from makeindex to xindy?
- 10How can I define or use a new coordinate system in Mathematica?
- 9How can I reference the current (sub)section number?
- 9How can I write a to_upper() or to_lower() function in F90?
- 6Looking at binary output from fortran on gnuplot
- 6How can I make a super-thin, yet strong, calzone crust?
- 5Why add a minor to a PhD?
- View more network posts →