My attraction to LaTeX grew slowly. I first saw LaTeX in use by some friends at the university back in 1995. It was not love on first sight. I was still living the WYSIWYG illusion, and suffering a lot writing a microwave engineering thesis with the wrong tool (MicroSoft Word). In 1998, I finally learned my first mark-up language: HTML.
Around 2002 I discovered MS Word does not guarantee any backward compatibility for old Word documents with formulas. It took me until 2003 to pick up a German Markt+Technik book to get me started with LaTeX. I never looked back. The excellent LaTeX packaging system induced me also to look into GNU/Linux which became my only operating system since 2007.
Nowadays, AD 2013, I use LaTeX for all my document production needs, including Beamer presentations, curriculum vitae, letters, journal articles,... I am an isodoc contributor and I am currently developing a new document class for Belgian medical prescriptions. I also enjoy embedding Python code into LaTeX using Pweave.
Top Network Posts
- 55How do I find all of the symlinks in a directory tree?
- 48Accessing bash command line args $@ vs $*
- 29Is LaTeX intended for unattended typesetting?
- 25Making the background of an image transparent in Gimp
- 24Move cursor to its last position
- 23Keyboard shortcut to comment lines in Sublime Text 3
- 20How to compare two floating point numbers in a bash script?
- View more network posts →