left BASIC away for assembler in '95, then practiced C again and again until i finally decided PERL was more handy for everyday programming ... Doing my first steps in C++ on a nintendoDS atm. I like programming environments that use languages and commands rather than buttons and textfields (e.g. MAKE + CSCOPE against ECLIPSE :) and books on programming that are lightweight and (con+pre)cise against "for dummies" books full of environment-specific screenshots.
Mostly did game programming, hobby OS, linux modules and network programming. I did some JAVA too, but i can't tell i've been convinced.
Used a lot of IXP2xxx assembler programming during my PhD, as well.
Top Network Posts
- 37What is the danger of inserting and browsing an untrusted USB drive?
- 27Hidden features of C
- 18What does "Seven" and "nine" mean in "Seven of Nine"?
- 10What is the lifetime and validity of C++ iterators?
- 10Which file is Perl's diamond operator (null file handle) currently reading from?
- 9parsing proc/pid/cmdline to get function parameters
- 8Why do I get in gdb "Cannot access memory at address 0x..." while inspecting a core dump?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.