How did I come into TeX? I used it to typeset my PhD thesis.
It was the strangeness of TeX that I found challenging and interesting. I hate
\let because they can cause havoc. Unfortunately,
\newcommand offers no means to protect and privatize commands. It’s a miracle that TeX has survived despite
\let. TeX doesn’t impose a programming style and it is regrettable that LuaTeX hasn’t corrected this situation.
My packages on CTAN include catoptions, keyreader, keyval2e, ltxkeys, pgfkeyx, skeyval, loops, xwatermark, storecmd, ltxtools, and newenviron.
Top Network Posts
- 21Making a "For Loop"
- 17How does TeX handle \else and \fi in conditionals?
- 14An unexpected outcome from PGF's \foreach
- 14The '.is if' handler of pgfkeys
- 13Checking if a string contains # with its original catcode
- 13What is the problem with nested environments using \BODY (environ package)?
- 12Why does \hss fail?
- View more network posts →